I am a qualified Specialist Breast, Endocrine and General Surgeon with a passion for breast cancer patient care and surgery. Evidence-based medicine and rigorous surgical discipline form the foundation of my practice, but what truly differentiates me is my drive to provide truly integrated and holistic patient care.
Some of my qualifications include:
- MBChB, University of Pretoria, award of excellence in leadership and service (2006)
- Post-graduate certificate in Integrative Medicine at the University of Stellenbosch (2012)
- FCS (SA) and MMed (Surgery) Cum Laude, University of Cape Town (2016)
- Named one of the top 10 Healthcare Innovators of 2014 by the UCT Graduate School of Business’ Bertha Institute
- Internship at Groote Schuur Hospital (2007-2008)
- Community service in Barberton, Mpumalanga (2009)
- GF Jooste Hospital, Surgical medical officer (2010-2012)
- Groote Schuur Hospital, Surgical Registrar (2012-2015)
- Groote Schuur Hospital, Consultant Surgeon: Trauma Surgery Unit (2016)
- Groote Schuur Hospital, Consultant Surgeon and Fellow: Breast & Endocrine Unit (2017)
- Groote Schuur Hospital, Senior Consultant Surgeon (part time): Breast & Endocrine Unit (2018)
1. Breast Care
Clinical Screening and Risk Management
In the age of individualised medicine each patient has a unique risk profile, physiology and psychology. We can assist with this risk stratification process.
A breast cancer diagnosis is not a death sentence. Let us be your partners on this journey and facilitate your entire treatment process — from diagnosis to lifetime follow-up.
Benign Breast Diseases
The vast majority of patients with breast symptoms have benign pathology or aberrations of normal development and involution (ANDI). Although not cancer, these conditions can cause significant distress and discomfort and we make every effort to exclude malignancy, re-assure our patients and alleviate distressing symptoms.
2. Endocrine Care
We provide the surgical management of benign and malignant thyroid disease in collaboration with an endocrinologist or oncologist.
Definitive management of parathyroid disease, whether benign or malignant, almost always involves surgery. We work closely with an endocrinologist to provide the appropriate surgical solution.
3. Other Pathology
Benign and malignant soft tissue tumours
These include the surgical management of benign lipomas, desmoid tumours and fibromas and malignant sarcomas – always in collaboration with an oncologist.