- Specialist anaesthetist, qualified at University of Cape Town in 2004.
- Completed my medical training at University of Stellenbosch in 1994
- Sub-specialised in Critical Care at Groote Schuur Hospital in 2006 and obtained the Certificate in Critical care medicine in 2008 through the College of Medicine of South Africa.
- Currently working as a senior specialist in Anaesthesia and Critical Care at Groote Schuur Hospital.
- Past chairperson of the Critical Care Society of South Africa, Western Cape Branch.
- Also the course director of the BASIC course (a two day course introducing doctors to caring for seriously ill patients).
Trauma, Abdominal compartment syndrome and Nutrition in critical illness.
Review on Abdominal compartment syndrome in SAJCC 2008
Effect of intra-abdominal hypertension on gastro-intestinal function – SAJCC 2011.