Dr Adam Boutall is a surgical gastroenterologist and colorectal surgeon based at Groote Schuur and UCT Private Academic hospitals. Dr Boutall is a member of the Digestive Diseases Centre at UCT Private Academic, which allows him to work in a team of medical gastroenterologists, hepato-billiary and upper GI surgeons to provide a complete basket of care to patients with digestive diseases. He undertook a colorectal laparoscopic fellowship at the AMC in Amsterdam in 2012 and is a senior lecturer at the University of Cape Town.
MBChB (Stell) 1998
FCS (SA) 2008
Cert Gastroenterology (Surg) 2011
- Senior Consultant Colo Rectal Unit Groote Schuur Hospital.
- President elect South African Colo-Rectal Society.
- Council member South African Gastroenterology Society.
- Colo-rectal cancer.
- Inflammatory bowel disease.
- Intestinal failure and complications of surgery.
- Complex abdominal wall reconstruction.
- Screening colonoscopy and advanced polypectomy.