Our theatre unit is characterised by state-of-the-art equipment, superb medical technology and experienced theatre staff.
Our skilled surgeons and anaesthetists offer an extremely high level of expertise and surgical competence.
Surgical procedures cover a wide range of disciplines. Many of the highly specialised procedures that surgeons perform at our hospital are either not performed elsewhere or are not widely available.
All our theatre staff have specialised training and experience in theatre.
In order for us to ensure that your admission is as smooth as possible, we would appreciate it if the following could be noted:
On the day of the operation, please arrange to be at the UCTPAH reception in good time, as advised by your doctor.
We would like to admit you to the ward in good time and make sure that all the relevant documentation is completed before you are escorted to theatre. Please do not have anything to eat or drink, including water, for the set given period of time prior to undergoing surgery. This is extremely important that, for patient safety, you comply with this request.
Please feel free to contact our Pre-admissions Clinic to discuss any concerns before your operation day. This is to avoid unnecessary delays in your operation being performed.
Our new Cath Lab, Digestive Diseases Centre and OrthoUCT Orthopaedic Surgical Practice are fully operational and our dedicated and highly qualified staff are looking forward to meeting you.
The theatre unit provides the following facilities and services
- Four fully equipped theatres (two with laminar flow), with en-suite anaesthetic induction rooms that comply with stringent international safety standards.
- Operates on a 24-hour basis for both routine and emergency case.
- Theatres are equipped with Swiss Schaerer operating tables, computerised Dreager anaesthetic machines and camera recording equipment for endoscopic surgery.
- Zeiss neurosurgery operating microscope that uses a touch of a button control system.
- The theatre unit also has a fully equipped central sterilising supply department (CSSD) with on site-expert maintenance technician and state-of-the-art STERRAD® machine for cold gas sterilization.