Back at Home
Dos and don’ts
- Take your medication as prescribed.
- Rest. Many patients who have undergone surgery and general anaesthetic experience fatigue.
- Call the hospital or your doctor if you have any concerns. If your doctor is unavailable, ask to speak to your ward sister.
- Monitor your recovery such as regaining your wellness, healing your wounds and the condition of sutures. Please contact us immediately if you are concerned about anything.
- Hesitate to contact us regarding any concerns you may have.
- Unnecessarily exert yourself until you have fully recovered.
Upon discharge, you will be supplied with medication and advice to help you complete your recovery at home.
Depending on your procedure and treatment, you will need to do follow-up checks. Please remember to make all appointments through your treating physician.